- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 20 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate pieces or semisweet chocolate pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust: In a medium bowl, stir together flour and brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, for filling: In a small bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more or until filling is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine caramels and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat just until caramels are melted. Drizzle caramel mixture over filling. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Makes 24 bars.