Treats of all kinds just tend to consume me....... And sharing some of my favorite recipes with fellow bloggers is super fun ! So due to the onsetting of the dreaded school feeling I have prepared a fun Christmas/Summer twist !
I LOVE the 12 days of Christmas.......... So instead because it is August and I'm just feeling very Christmasy*** I have decided to share with you
The 12 days of Brownies !!!!
1. because everyone LOVES brownies
2. because everyone deserves to indulge in sinful treats once in a while. and
3. WHo doesn't LOVE to bake !
Brownie Batch Number One
Chunky Path Brownies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups tiny marshmallows
- Chocolate Topper or Chocolate-Peanut Topper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil up over the edges of the pan. Grease foil; set aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine butter, the water, and cocoa powder. Bring mixture just to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat. Add the chocolate mixture to the flour mixture; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute more (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. Sprinkle marshmallows over hot brownies. Top with Chocolate Topper or Chocolate-Peanut Topper. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
5. To serve, remove brownies from pan by lifting foil. Place on cutting board; cut into bars. Makes 48 brownies.
Chocolate Topper: In a medium saucepan, combine one 12-ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces, 1/2 cup whipping cream, and 1/4 cup butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Drizzle over brownies.
Chocolate-Peanut Topper: In a medium saucepan, combine 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate pieces, 1 cup creamy peanut butter, and 3 tablespoons butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is smooth. Drizzle over brownies. Sprinkle with 1 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts.
TO STORE: Place brownies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.